Saturday, February 19, 2011

Istanbul week end

 







Ciragan Palace Hotel
Simply Divine. Fitted for a Princess.
The Sunday Brunch is spectacular too, trust me you will love it!



 

Very chic little library, a good stop
near Santa Sofia


Topkapi Palace, divine !






I am totaly crazy by the outfits of the Pashà.
My inspiration was white marble and vintage gold....




The mosaics of Santa Sophia






Turkish Bath Hamami


Cagaloglu Hamani
Kate Moss did an amazing fahion spread here.
It is very old and typical.
Add on a little money and have a massage done on the hot stone.
Bring your own flip flops and two turkish towels.






I want this bathroom !









My dear dear friend Ipek purchased these towels
for me when we went to the Hamami
I simply adore them and I cannot have too many.
The silver bowl is a must and a lovely souvenir.
On line at:
http://www.b2b-trade.net/shops/category/Bathroom/

Four Seasons HAMAMI at the Bosphorus
is an amazing SPA
www.fourseasons.com/bosphorus/spa/
you cannot miss it.


around The Gran Bazaar



Vintage print of Roxelana




Vintage or replica? I say replica but if the price is right...
it was way out of my price range but I love the design.




Babuche and vintage fabrics from antiques stores
around the Gran Bazaar, you have to look.







Divine !
Rings from Crystalsouldesigns.com,
pashmine from the Hotel Boutique.


in my suitcase
Istanbul can be very hot or very cold.
In the eventuality  always have a pashmina.
Lavander and Begonia rose colors works very well.
I also have a large large scarf if I visit a Mosque and
a pair of shoes that will fit in my bag.
You do not leave your Roger Vivier flats .....

Istanbul is very very chic!
bring your finest clothes for the evenings, Turkish GALS
know how to dress.
I would bring anything with a paisly design.
Etro or Missoni style is perfect.
.

the name of a good restaurant
leave it to my chic friends to tell you the list of their favorits....

SUNSET GRILL & BAR
"No restaurant can top the view from Sunset Grill & Bar"
New York Times
Adnan Saygun Cad. Yol Sok No.2
www.sunsetgrillbar.com

In a residencial area worth a visit if you have a car
mùzedechanga
www.changa-istanbul.com
you are on the garden of the stunning
Museum Sabanci
overlooking the Bosphorus.
perfect for a Saturday lunch.
.


my perfect week end
arrive friday afternoon, check in the Hotel and dinner
at Bebek area, something casual.

Saturday Morning
Visit  Topkapi
a quick stroll around the Grand Bazaar for some
antique shopping.
Check in in a Hamami
Cagaloglu or Four Season's Hotel
back to Hotel, relax... Hamami truly relaxes you!
Dinner at Sunset Grill, before sunset....

Sunday
Visit Santa Sofia
Brunch at Ciragan Palace
or at Museum Sabanci
better if you arrive via boat on the Bosphorus.
Visit at the local art galleries, Turkey is trendy.

.
Just beware of traffic. You will move slow.