Thursday, March 22, 2012

Paco Rabanne Legacy


The iconic Metal Dresses could not be more
in fashion right now.
There is something so fresh and appealing to the semplicity of
these creations.
I reremember playing  (more de-constructing) one when I was
a child...I wish I have thet dress right now.
I am on a quest to find a vintage one.





Rabanne started his career in fashion by creating jewelry for Givenchy, Dior, and Balenciaga. He started his own fashion house in 1966. He used such unconventional materials as metal, paper and plastic for his outlandish and flamboyant designs.



That is maybe the creative iter behond his metal dresses.




Paco Rabanne is known for his costume designs for such films as Barbarella. Also Françoise Hardy was a big fan of Rabanne's designs. The popular French singer Mylene Farmer continues to bring the extravagance of Paco Rabanne to her live concerts



Beautiful Francois Hardy








Salvador Dalì and Models wearing Paco Rabanne


I loved the current collection
of paco Rabanne designed by
Manish Arora, watch my blog for the coverage.